The most wonderful time of the year?
The run up to Christmas should be a time of happiness, joy and lots of general loveliness however the reality can be very different. Here's our Money Management Maestro, Jo Hughes, with her top tips for reducing the cost of Chrimbo...
"It’s meant to be the most wonderful time of the year, but for most of us, it can also be the most stressful. Here are some ways you can stop spending so much this Christmas,
- Plan ahead and take control of your spending.
- Set a budget, as most of us have tight budgets and Christmas can be an expensive time.
- Don’t let Christmas distractions and impulse buys get in your way. Remind yourself not to get into debt and start 2018 debt free.
- Know your triggers to spending at Christmas, eg kids deserve a little treat!! Plan ahead, search for cheaper alternatives, and learn to say NO to yourself and the kids.
- Don’t feel guilty for not spending hundreds of pounds, some of the best presents can be homemade.
- Use an app to help you plan ahead and keep on track of your spending.
And remember, If you are in debt or need help to budget, ring Venus to book an appointment with Jo Hughes - Don’t wait until things become unmanageable.