The Star Centre
The Star Centre
At the Star Centre we work to support the mental health and emotional wellbeing of our young people. We work with children, young people and their families living in Sefton to provide a wide range of support and therapeutic interventions. We support ages 5-18 – typically offering support directly to parent/carers for young people under the age of 12.
• Young Person's Drop-in. Mondays 4-6pm @ the Star Centre.
Anyone aged 5-18 living in Sefton can access our drop-in sessions. You do not need to have worked with us at the Star Centre before or have an open referral. The drop- in offers the chance to talk through any struggles you may have, and access information, advice and guidance in a safe and non-judgemental space. Please note if a Monday falls on a bank holiday the drop-in will not take place. Check our social media platforms for regular updates in case a session cannot take place.
Making A Referral:
If you would like to access support, please carefully read through our FAQ sheet to see more information on what we offer. To make a referral, visit seftonliverpoolcamhs.com. This is a single referral form for mental health services in Sefton & Liverpool, and your referral will be reviewed and forwarded to the most appropriate service to support you. Take note of your reference number, or create an account, and you will be able to track your referral on the website to see its progress. You can also visit our drop-in to speak with us and be added to our waiting list, if appropriate.
• Star Centre, 98B Linacre Lane, Bootle, L20 6ES
• Thornton Family Wellbeing Centre, Stanny Field Drive, Thornton, L23 1TY.
• If you have any urgent mental health concerns please contact the CAMHS crisis team 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 0151 293 3577 or freephone 0808 196 3550.
• We recommend you visit kooth.com – Kooth is an online mental wellbeing community offering free, safe anonymous support. Young people in Sefton aged 11- 25 can access Kooth at any time for community support with articles and discussion boards. Between specific times you can also chat to counsellor online.
• To view other support available please visit the Sefton Mental Health Snapshot.